Thursday, February 23, 2012

{Tutorial Thursday} Tumbler

Pin It

I was excited to work with this week's new release, the Tumbler insert. However, after looking at all the different tumblers I had, none of them seemed to come apart to change out the insert! I still wanted to work with it, so I went to Plan B. I decided to make an insert for just a regular plastic cup that I could give as a gift.



I looked at the template measurements, and then measured the plastic cup I was going to use.




At 2 1/2" shorter, I knew I would have to adjust the template slightly, so I just used the move tool to move the bottom of the template up to change the height of the template but not the width.



I then decorated it using Chit-Chat and Chocolate by Ann BV Designs and printed it out.



I used my tape gun to put a strip of tape on the edge.


Once glued together, it was ready to be placed in the cup.



After putting the insert in the cup, I filled it with yummy chocolate and it's ready to cheer someone up. Maybe me! It would have been better in a smooth cup, but sometimes you just have to go with what you have.

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. What a cheap and easy way to give a fun personalized gift! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete