Monday, May 17, 2010

menu plan monday

Pin It

It's Monday again and I am back to post my menu for this week.  I never did get back to post about our smoothie pops but I will try to do that this week.   Pamela Donnis (Keeping Life Creative)  has a blog link up each week on Tuesdays with sneaky snacks... how do you sneak good stuff into your kids (or your) diets???  I will be linking up my smoothie pops for that.

We followed last weeks plan pretty well. The day we were scheduled to have meatballs, mashed potatoes and gravy it was so hot (ok not SO hot but 82 - which when the day before was 74 it was shocking). So instead of that we had fresh fruit (watermelon, pineapple, strawberries and pear).

This week our plan:

Sunday - Pancakes (will have to post the recipe sometime) and sausage (yep for dinner)

Monday - Chicken Enchiladas with spanish rice

Tuesday - Manicotti with homemade bread (I lost the recipe again... hope I can find it) and salad

Wednesday - Meatballs and mashed potatoes with gravy (we are trying again!)

Thursday - Won Ton Soup  It does take a little bit of prep work... but oh my it is so worth it!  The broth is just fabulous to sip (especially if you are not feeling well).  I know it is kinda hot for soup but I had been thinking about making this again, so I am!

Friday - Red beans and rice with cornbread

Saturday - BBQ Pork Sandwiches with baked beans

What is your favorite combination of spices when you cook up your red beans?  Mine always seem kind of bland.  So please share your favorite recipe (or spice combo).

To see other menus check out OrgJunkie.

Sig

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment