Some interesting Leap Day facts (courtesy of examiner.com)
- Your chances of being born on a leap day are approximately 1 in 1500.
- There are about 187,000 people in the US and 4 million people in the world who were born on Leap Day.
- People born on Leap Day are called leaplings.
- In most states, leaplings must wait until March 1st to be eligible for any age-specific privileges (ages 16, 18, 21).
- Every now and then we have to skip a regularly scheduled leap year. This happens during specific century years.
- Century years are not leap years unless they can be evenly divided by 400. The years 1700, 1800 and 1900 were not leap years, but 1600 and 2000 were.
- When 2/29 is entered into a majority of websites it comes up as an invalid birth date.
- US Presidential elections and Summer Olympic Games are both held every four years and occur during leap years.
- In Greece, people believe it is bad luck to get married in a leap year. On the other hand, in Ireland, women can propose to a man.
- The next February 29th will come around again in 1,460 days.
Have any fun facts to share… or is today your birthday?
Head over to the Scrap Orchard blog to win my messy memories subway art or head to Wild Blueberry Ink to win a Cansolidator Pantry from Shelf Reliance. While over at Wild Blueberry Ink check out her Project Life freebies as well.
Leap day is here! For one day only the new releases in the Market are 29% off. I have two new items for you…
Leap on over and grab them now.
I have to share this HUGE collection that Chelle’s Creations is releasing this week … and it is on sale for Leap Day as well. You should see some of the layouts coming out of this collection – plus is is a great stash builder – use these to supplement kits you already have. It is nearly 50% off with the bundle discount and the new release sale – grab it today!