Monday, February 20, 2012

{Monday Mix} Inspired by Pinterest

Pin It

Hi, everyone, it's Rebecca (ReboScraps) here with a hybrid project inspired by Pinterest. I spotted this clean & simple project which makes a great sweetheart gift, and just loved the clean simplicity and personalization.
Source: etsy.com via Rebecca on Pinterest


With some more surfing, I spotted a birth announcement by the same creative mind, this image composed with big bold numbers.
Source: etsy.com via Rebecca on Pinterest


I decided to make my own birth memento, combining the image of the home state with birth statistics. There's a great font available that includes dings of each U.S. state and some other shapes, too. It's called "Ding Maps" and you can find it at Fontspace. I clipped a bright paper to the map, and a solid light grey to the background. Then I printed two copies, cut out the California shape, and attached it to the background using foam dots for extra dimension. I love how it turned out, and it was so easy! 
Product credits and suggestions:
- Digital Papers from Hole in One by Chelle's Creations
- See Through You Buttons by Chelle's Creations
- Fonts are Pharmacy MMX and Ding Maps

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment