Monday, May 23, 2011

Card Making

Pin It

Teresa, tpowers in the forums, here to bring you a quick tutorial on card making. I know that when I went digital the one thing I had a hardtime giving up was paper cards. Digital ones always looked a little flat to me in person. After learning some things and picking up tips and a few tools I love to do my cards digital too.
The first thing that I do is make the card in Photoshop. For my example I used Krisi's Sketch it Out-Cards:Sunshine.

Next make a new canvas that is your printing size. I print mine at home so I make a 8.5X11 in canvas. I seperate all of my pieces and arrange them on my canvas. Keep it away from the edges so that everything is the size you expect. I never was a stamper so I merge my font with the layer below it so that it looks stamped on. Here is what mine looked like.

Cut each of you pieces out. I use an exacto knife but, you could use sissors too. I then, inked my edges to add some texture.

Now just add adhesive to the pieces and assemble the card. I use a Xyron but, you can use any scrapbooking adhesive. For the cupcake I use 3D dots because it makes things stick off of the pages. Next, adhere the card front to a piece of coordinating cardstock. I chose a blue. Here is my finished card.

These are the extra tools that I used. None were terribly expensive to purchase. The cutting mat was left from my paper days. I have used an old magazine under my paper when using an exacto knife and it works.

Here are a few more card examples from the templates above. I love that they are so versatile.



For the flower I used Krisi's Create a Flower v1. These are quickly becoming my favorite.
Hope this helped and happy card making.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment